2023 First Place Video
2023 Rockonomix Nominees
Submission deadline for the 2024 Rockonomix competition is April 26, 2024.
In teams of no more than five, students re-write the lyrics to a popular song so that it is about an economic/personal finance concept or group of concepts. Students then record the song and produce a music video using their new lyrics.
To qualify for judging, entries must meet the following criteria:
- Students from grades K-12 are eligible.
- Lyrics must be embedded in the video as subtitles.
- Video length is recommended to be 3 – 4 minutes and should not exceed 5 minutes
- Videos must be filmed horizontally.
- The lyrics and video must be deemed appropriate by the judges (no offensive language or images).
- The lyrics, recording, and video must be the work of the group members.
Cash prizes awarded for the winning team (per team): 1st Place Team $500
Examples of Economics and Personal Finance Concepts
- Opportunity Cost
- Factors of Production
- Economic Systems
- Goods and Services
- Circular Flow
- Capital Markets
- Market Equilibrium
- Career Planning
- Negative and Positive Externalities
- Saving and Investing
- Compound Interest
- Gross Domestic Product
- Risk versus Reward
- Postsecondary Education Planning